The VBS_SOSYOS is a dangerous Trojan infection that is classified as a rootkit virus. This malicious application enters in the system without getting the permission of the user, and perform several harmful activities in the system. The cyber crooks set several traps for the users through which you can easily get infected with this lethal Trojan virus. These traps include free downloads from untrusted websites, spam emails, and compromised web pages. The VBS_SOSYOS infection is developed with a sophisticated code that provide the hackers a chance to access the system, and steal your confidential details such as credit card information, bank account details, and other financial information. Once installed, this malicious Trojan can make your system horrible by modifying the windows registry, blue screen, and disabling of task manager as well as windows firewall. Besides that, this stubborn Trojan can modify the browser settings, and alter the home page of your computer.
The Manual Removal of VBS_SOSYOS
Once it is confirmed that the VBS_SOSYOS is present inside the computer, you have to remove it as quickly as possible. You have manual as well as automatic removal options available in this regard. The manual removal of this virus is complicated yet possible which is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to restart the infected computer, and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to see the list of boot options. Once you are able to see the boot options menu on the screen, you have to select the safe mode from the list and press the Enter key which boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode successfully, you have to proceed the next step of this process in which you have to get rid of the associated processes of the VBS_SOSYOS virus. In this regard, start the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the “Processes” tab to delete the following malicious processes associated with the VBS_SOSYOS virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated data. Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder where you need to delete the following files with the help of Delete keys:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of the manual removal process is cleaning the windows registry by opening the registry editor. You have to access the start menu, click on the Run option, and write “regedit.exe” in the box before pressing the OK button to open the registry editor. Delete the following corrupt entries associated with the VBS_SOSYOS:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VBS_SOSYOS\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VBS_SOSYOS\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VBS_SOSYOS\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VBS_SOSYOS\DisplayName VBS_SOSYOS
Finally, you have to restart the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to remove this malicious application.