The V9tr.com is a malicious application that has infected thousands of computers all over the world in the recent years. It is an adware program that is aimed to take money from the users by giving them nothing. This malicious application is actually used to promote certain products through pop-up ads. The program itself has nothing which we consider as malicious, but actually it opens the way for other parasites by changing the security settings of the computer. Once it is installed on any computer, every time the user starts windows, it will run automatically. After installing it, the V9tr.com performs a bogus scan on the computer and show bogus results regarding infections available on your computer. It keeps reminding you about these so called infections or errors in your computer, besides that, it runs numerous pop-up ads, and provide remote access to your computer to the hackers. The V9tr.com has the ability to steal your financial information such as credit card details, and your shopping preferences.
Manual Removal of V9tr.com
Once the threat is detected on your computer, you need to get rid of this at your earliest. You can remove this threat either manually or by using an automatic removal tool; however, keep in mind that the manual removal process is a bit complicated. Following are the steps that you need to perform to remove V9tr.com manually:-
Restart the Computer in Safe Mode
Before start removing the associated files, folders, processes, and registry entries, you need to start your computer in safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the computer and use F8 key to reach to the boot option menu from where you need to select the safe mode option.
Kill the Associated Process
After starting your computer in safe mode, you have to press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys by holding them together you can start windows task manager. In the windows task manager, you have to click on the Processes tab to identify and end the following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete Files and Folders
When you have finished ending the associated processes, you need to start the file explorer, and look for the following associated files to remove them:-
Delete Associated Registry Entries
After deleting the files and folders related to the V9tr.com, you also need to clean the windows registry. To clean the registry, you need to start the registry editor by using the start menu, and selecting the Run option to type the Regedit command in the box. Once the registry editor started, you have to navigate towards following registry entries and delete them:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\V9tr.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\V9tr.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\V9tr.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\V9tr.com\DisplayName V9tr.com
After removing the above mentioned registry entries you have to close the windows registry editor, and restart your PC in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the changes you have made.