The Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads is a harmful computer infection which is classified as a adware. This malicious application can infect all the major browsers such as FireFox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer, and start performing harmful actions. This infection often arrives in the system while downloading free programs from the internet. The Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads always sneaks in the computer without taking any prior permission from the users. It changes the entire settings of your browser, and you will notice huge number of popup ads on the screen of the system whenever you open a browser window. This malicious application can cause unusual redirects, and does not allow you to surf on the web freely.
Manual Removal of Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads
Once you feel the symptoms of this nasty adware on your system, you need to find a way of removing this virus effectively. There are some quality automatic removal tools available in this regard. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available which is only recommended for the expert level users and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is impossible to remove Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads by remaining in the normal mode of operation. In this regard, restart the system, and hit the F8 key continuously while the system is restarted to access the boot options screen. Once the boot options are visible on your screen, select the Safe Mode option, and press the Enter key to operate the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In order to get rid of the malicious processes associated with this threat, you have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window appeared on the screen, select the Processes tab, and remove the following corrupt processes from the list: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the files available in the system files folder that you need to remove from your computer quickly by using the file explorer and Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads \Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to remove the corrupt associated entries of this infection from the windows registry. To open the registry editor, you have to click on the Start menu, select the “Run” command, and write “RegEdit” in the box. Find and delete the following associated registry entries of this adware infection once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Uvidi.com Pop-up Ads \DisplayNameUvidi.com Pop-up Ads
Close the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode, and check the availability of this infection. You also need to run a complete system scan on the PC after updating the existing antivirus program in order to avoid any future infections.