The Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus is very similar to Default-Search.net Redirect Virus and a nasty browser hijacker that has the features of redirect virus, and can divert all your searches towards unknown websites once it installed on the system. The Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus often sneaks in the system without getting the permission of the user, and immediately after its arrival, it runs the annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected PC. This deadly dangerous browser hijacker modifies some important settings in the system including the host file of the windows operating system, DNS settings, and browser settings. Apart from that, the Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus enables remote hackers to access the system, and steal the private details of the targeted users. The cyber criminals use these details to gain monetary benefits through financial frauds and other cyber crimes. This malicious application is a tool to provide a commercial platform to promote affiliate websites, and make commissions from the pay per click programs.
Removal of Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus
If the availability of the Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus is confirmed, you have to drop everything, and remove this malicious application in a way that it will never return back to your computer. This nasty browser hijacker can be removed either by using any automatic tool, or by following the complicated instructions of the manual removal process. The steps involved in the manual removal are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to terminate the normal mode of by restarting the infected PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to gain the access of the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the menu, and strike the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on your computer, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to start the windows task manager. Select the processes tab under the task manager window to delete the following associated processes of this infection by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following malicious files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus\Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The most important step of the manual removal process is the removal of the entries created by the Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus in the windows registry. In this regard, access the start menu, click on the Run option, and type Regedit to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus\DisplayName Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus
Finally, you have to restart the PC in the normal mode to see the effect of the changes you have made recently.