The uStart is a dangerous parasite which is categorized as the browser hijacker. It has the ability to redirect all your searches towards promotional websites in order to generate traffic, and get financial benefits. This malicious application infects your computer when you perform unsafe browsing, open spam emails, share your resources with other computers on that network, and accept online offers without confirming the authenticity of the offer. The uStart present itself as a genuine search engine, but in reality this is a browser hijacker designed in a way that it looks like a search engine. The basic purpose of developing the uStart is to redirect searches of the users, and when they buy any product, they will transfer their information to the hackers. This information can be used for the fraudulent purposes. The uStart hides itself wisely, and keep changing its name as well as location. This dangerous browser hijacker is capable of avoiding most powerful antivirus programs.
How to Remove uStart manually?
You can remove this dangerous virus with the help of any powerful automatic removal tool easily; however, you can also remove this threat manually. One thing about manual process of removing the uStart is that it is only recommended only for the expert level computer users. The manual removal method is described as under:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
The manual removal method started by terminating the normal mode of the infected PC by restarting it, and hit the F8 key to see the list of options regarding booting. You have to select the normal mode, and press enter key to restart the computer into safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After getting your computer started in the safe mode, you have to delete the attached processes of this dangerous browser hijacker. You have to open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab to remove the following malicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After completing the above mentioned steps, now, you have to get rid of the associated data of this virus. In this regard, you have to find the following files along with folders through file explorer, and delete them immediately by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\uStart virus.lnk
- %Programs%\uStart virus\uStart virus.lnk
Clean the Windows Registry
The next task is to clean the windows registry; you have to open the registry editor by executing the “Regedit.exe” command through run option available in the start menu. You have to navigate and delete the following entries associated with the uStart:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\uStart virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\uStart virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\uStart virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\uStart virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\uStart virus\DisplayName uStart virus
Once the above mentioned entries removed successfully, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the machine in the normal mode. Before running a complete system scan to find the infections, do not forget to update your antivirus program.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic UStart removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download UStart Removal Tool to automatically remove UStart.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the UStart,do submit your comments to get clarified.