The Usoi9bwp.com is a harmful computer infection which is classified as a adware infection. This malicious application can infect all the major browsers such as FireFox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer. This infection often arrives in the system while downloading free programs from the internet. It has the ability to gain the complete control of your infected system. The Usoi9bwp.com always sneaks in the computer without taking any prior permission from the users. It changes the entire settings of your browser, and you will notice a toolbar appeared on the top of your browser. This malicious application can cause unusual redirects, and does not allow you to surf on the web freely.
How to remove usoi9bwp.com from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer and click on top menu and go to the Tools option, select Manage Add-ons from the list. It will open a window showing add-ons currently installed.
- On the left panel of this windows, select the option Toolbars and Extensions. On the right panel, choose the usoi9bwp.com or any Potentially Unwanted Programs and items and click on Disable.
- In the same windows, select the option Search Providers on left side. On the right panel, chooseGoogle, Bing or any preferred Search Engine and click then on Set as default.
- Select adware related search engine , and click on Remove.
- Next, change your home page to a preferred web address of your choice. Go to Tools, select Internet Options.
- Under General tab, locate the ‘Home page’ section. Type your preferred address like www.google.com to be the new home page replacing the corrupt adware. Click OK button to save the changes and close this window.
- Start Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top right, and then click on Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then clickOK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer and check everything is fixed as well.
How to remove usoi9bwp.com from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on the option Customized and Control Google Chrome it is represented by a 3-Lines icon located at the top-right corner of the browser so as you can see on the screenshot below.
- Select now the option Tools, then, click on Extensions. It opens a window showing all the installed Extensions and plug-ins of Google Chrome.
- Locate adware or Potentially Unwanted Program and click the Trash icon to delete the malicious extension.
- On the left side menu, click on Settings to display current configuration of Google Chrome.
- Scroll down to the ‘On startup’ section with the option ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’ and click on Set pages.
- Click on the X button to remove the unwanted or hijacked startpage from Google Chrome.
- If there is only one startup page and the default startpage is removed, you should create a new preferred web address by clicking Add a new page and type http://www.google.com to set Google as your default startup page.
- Next scroll down to the ‘Appearance’ section.
- Put a Check mark on Show Home Button and click Change.
- Select then the ‘Use the New Tab page’ option. This will disable the new tab option from opening to adware. Click OK to save the current settings.
- Next, you need to restore the default search engine. Scroll down to the ‘Search’ section and click on the option Manage search engines…
- Select you preferred search settings, and you can remove the unwanted search engines by clicking the X button.
How to remove XXX from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox and Press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard to open the ‘Add-Ons Manager’. This windows will provide a list of all extensions and plugins installed in Firefox.
- Under Extensions, select the adware or Potentially Unwanted Program items and the click the Removebutton.
- If Firefox prompts to ‘Restart Now’. Please restart Firefox and check if the changes you have made are successful.
- Press the Firefox button and then select options and reset the default homepage on the General Tab
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and wil be reset with the default settings.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and check everything is fixed as well.
Manual Removal of Usoi9bwp.com
Once you feel the symptoms of this nasty adware infection on your system, you need to find a way of removing this virus effectively. There are some quality automatic removal tools available in this regard. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available which is only recommended for the expert level users and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is impossible to remove Usoi9bwp.com by remaining in the normal mode of operation. In this regard, restart the system, and hit the F8 key continuously while the system is restarted to access the boot options screen. Once the boot options are visible on your screen, select the Safe Mode option, and press the Enter key to operate the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In order to get rid of the malicious processes associated with this threat, you have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window appeared on the screen, select the Processes tab, and remove the following corrupt processes from the list: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the associated processes of this virus, you need to get rid of the following corrupt files from the system. Open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files by using the file explorer and Delete key:-
- %Programs%\Usoi9bwp.com \Usoi9bwp.com.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to remove the corrupt associated entries of this infection from the windows registry. To open the registry editor, you have to click on the Start menu, select the “Run” command, and write “RegEdit” in the box. Find and delete the following associated registry entries of this adware infection once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Usoi9bwp.com \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Usoi9bwp.com \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Usoi9bwp.com \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Usoi9bwp.com \DisplayNameUsoi9bwp.com
Close the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode, and check the availability of this infection. You also need to run a complete system scan on the PC after updating the existing antivirus program in order to avoid any future infections.