The Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net is a nasty computer worm that belongs to the family of adware infections. This malicious application arrives in the system without providing any prior information to the users. There are various mediums hackers uses to spread this infection, and one of the most common ways getting your system infected by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.netis downloading a video, or game from the unknown source. Once this virus settles down in the system, your computer screen will be flooded with the annoying pop-up ads. These ads are about the fake discounted coupons available for you on the popular online shopping websites. This nasty adware introduces itself as a useful application to view the online videos, but actually this is an advertising platform which is used by the cyber crooks to promote low grade products and achieve huge monetary benefits. Once this adware enters in the system, it will stop you from opening any website.
Manual Removal of Ads by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net
In order to get rid of this dangerous adware, you need to find a reliable and effective automatic removal tool that is easily available online. If you have enough experience of removing such advanced level threats manually, you can try the manual removal method in this regard. The manual removal consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process, it is important that you boot the infected computer in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the system, and press the F8 key to access the boot options screen. You have to select the Safe Mode option by using the arrow key, and hit the Enter.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager. In the task manager window, you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system. You have to get rid of the following processes associated with the Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.netinfection: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step, you have to remove the associated files of the Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net. In this regard, following are the files that are hidden wisely in the system files folder along with some important system files:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Ads by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net.lnk
- %Programs%\Ads by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net\ Ads by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, and run the RegEdit command before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following associated entries of the Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net\DisplayName Ads by Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net
Restart the system in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed effectively. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program or installing a new one.