The Updatenow.3561.info is a dangerous program that can harm your PC in a number of ways. The Updatenow.3561.info is a type of rogue infection that introduces itself as a program that helps you in updating your already installed application, however, it is an infection that is designed and distributed to monitor the browsing behaviors of the user and run targeted pop-up ads to promote different products. Once installed, it start performing fake scans on the system, and threatens you by showing errors in your PC. When you try to fix such errors, you will be asked to purchase the complete version of this so called update software. When some of the innocent users try to buy this program, they will become the victim and they lose their money along woith the information that they shared while paying the developers. The system starts showing frequent errors once this malicious program enters in the system.
Removal of Updatenow.3561.info
The Updatenow.3561.info is a lethal program that is considered as a deadly dangerous threat for your system as well as data. There are manual as well as the automatic removal methods available to remove this malicious application. For the novice computer users, we recommend the automatic removal method; however, the manual removal is also possible that is detailed below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
You cannot remove this nasty infection by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to access the machine in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the system to terminate the normal mode, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options screen. Select the safe mode from the list of options, and hit the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your computer. You have to end the following associated processes by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Find as well as remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder at your earliest by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry by removing the modifications made by this rogue infection. In this regard, open the registry editor through Regedit command that you can execute from the Run option of the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following malicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Updatenow.3561.info\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Updatenow.3561.info\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Updatenow.3561.info\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Updatenow.3561.info\DisplayName Updatenow.3561.info
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor and evaluate the success of the manual removal process. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through your current antivirus program after successful removal of this malicious application.