The Updatejavas.com pop-up is a malicious domain used by the hackers to promote and distribute a number of nasty adware applications. The Updatejavas.com pop-up can infect all types of browsers, including the Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc. It installed on the system as a browser plugin, and then display tons of pop-up ads on the screen to disturb the routine work of the user.Once this adware infection slips in the system, you will receive a pop-up alert which encourages you to upgrade your existing browser which is actually a trap for the novice computer users. If you download the so called browser up gradation, you actually invite more trouble for yourself. This malicious application connects your system remotely to the hackers who then use this access to collect the important financial details such as credit card numbers, bank account credentials, and passwords. You will notice that the computer becomes extremely slow because of this virus as it eats most of the resources installed on your computer.
Removal of Updatejavas.com pop-up
After getting infected from the Updatejavas.com pop-up, you have to plan how to get rid of this stubborn adware infection in a quick time. You can use the automatic tools to delete this virus from the system completely. The manual removal of this virus is also possible, but only recommended for the advanced level users. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal of the Updatejavas.com pop-up, you are required to access the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Select the safe mode from the list before pressing the Enter button to access the safe mode operation on your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and select the processes tab to see a list of processes on your computer. Remove the following associated processes of the Updatejavas.com pop-up before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files associated with the Updatejavas.com pop-up by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Updatejavas.com pop-up.lnk
- %Programs%\Updatejavas.com pop-up\Updatejavas.com pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Run option available in the Start Menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following suspicious entries associated with the Updatejavas.com pop-up as quickly as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Updatejavas.com pop-up\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Updatejavas.com pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Updatejavas.com pop-up\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Updatejavas.com pop-up\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Updatejavas.com pop-up\DisplayName Updatejavas.com pop-up
Do not forget to check the success of this process by rebooting the system in the normal mode. Run a system scan through any updated antivirus software to remove the infections caused by this virus.