The UpdateAdmin Popup is actually a potentially unwanted program that is classified as an adware infection that claims to enhance your web surfing experience, but actually it is a commercial tool used by the cyber crooks to generate illegal profits. This nasty adware provides you the information about coupon deals, discounted offers, and comparison of prices. Besides that, it will also display the sponsored links, and third party advertisement purely for commercial purposes, and according to your browsing habits. It keeps an eye on your online activities, and steal your personal financial details, including the credit card, online banking details, emails, passwords, and browsing history. It changes most of the things in your computer, and you will notice several changes, including the home page, desktop, default search engine, firewall, and windows registry.
Removal of UpdateAdmin Popup
The UpdateAdmin Popup is a severe infection that can be lethal for the overall performance of your computer. You must remove this nasty adware in order to protect your PC, and personal information stored on the system. You can remove this adware by selecting any reliable automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal of this infection is also available that is only recommended for the advanced level users, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the complicated steps of the manual removal process, it is compulsory to access the safe mode on your computer. You are required to restart the PC, and keep hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option through arrow keys, and press the Enter.
End the Malicious Processes
By remaining in the safe mode, you have to end the associated processes of the UpdateAdmin Popup. In this regard, you have to access the task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab in the task manager window. Find the following malicious processes associated with the UpdateAdmin Popup and remove them before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder through file explorer, find the following files associated with the UpdateAdmin Popup, and remove these files as quickly as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\UpdateAdmin Popup Pop-up Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\UpdateAdmin Popup Pop-up Ads\UpdateAdmin Popup Pop-up Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process, you have to clean the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the UpdateAdmin Popup:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\UpdateAdmin Popup Pop-up Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\UpdateAdmin Popup Pop-up Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\UpdateAdmin Popup Pop-up Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\UpdateAdmin Popup Pop-up Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\UpdateAdmin Popup Pop-up Ads\DisplayName UpdateAdmin Popup Pop-up Ads
Restart the computer, but in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently after closing the registry editor. Run a full system scan through your antivirus application.