The Up.updatenow24.com ad pop-up is a dangerous computer worm classified as an adware infection, and sneaks in the system while visiting hacked websites, installing pirated versions of the operating systems or software, p2p sharing of files, and spam emails. It trap users by presenting itself as a useful program that can be used to update your important software or windows operating system, but when you try to update anything, you will actually download the malicious files that contains viruses, adware, and spyware. Once installed, it start showing the fake updates about the health of your system. Besides that, you will also receive annoying pop-up ads for the commercial purposes. Once installed, it disables your antivirus, and you cannot download any other software. It opens a backdoor for the additional parasites, and your system becomes a junkyard for all kind of computer worms. The speed of the system reduces significantly because of the activity of this adware infection.
Removal of Up.updatenow24.com ad pop-up
After knowing that the Up.updatenow24.com ad pop-up is present in your system, you have to find an effective way of getting rid of this infection. There is an automatic removal method available in which you have to download an automatic removal tool. Besides that, there is a manual removal process also available for the experienced computer users. The steps involved in the manual removal of Up.updatenow24.com ad pop-up are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the system to terminate the normal mode, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to access the boot options list. Select the safe mode option from the available list before pressing the Enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the system in the safe mode successfully, you have to remove the associated processes of this adware infection. The task manager can be accessed by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab under the task manager window, and remove the following malicious processes before closing the task manager:-
• %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, proceed to the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files associated with this nasty adware infection:-
• %Desktopdir%\Up.updatenow24.com ad pop-up.lnk
• %Programs%\Up.updatenow24.com ad pop-up\Up.updatenow24.com ad pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal of this infection is completed when you clean the windows registry. Open the Start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit before pressing OK button to access the registry editor. Delete the following fake registry keys by using the registry editor:-
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Up.updatenow24.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Up.updatenow24.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Up.updatenow24.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully or still available. After successful removal of this infection, you have to update the existing antivirus, and run a full system scan on your computer.