The Unfriend Alert is a nasty adware program that can be damaging for the system components and cause permanent damage. The Unfriend Alert is a trick designed by the hackers to force users click on the corrupt link and download this infection on the targeted systems. You can get infected from this infection while using various social websites such as Facebook and Twitter. The actual purpose of developing this adware is to promote third party products and improve the ranking on the low ranked affiliate sites by diverting web traffic. Apart from that, the hackers use this virus as a tool to access the confidential details of the users, including credit card information, bank account detaiuls, and shopping passwords. All such details are then used in the online frauds to steal the money of the innocent computer users. The speed as well as performance of the system also affects negatively as long as this virus remains in the system, and often your system freezes without any reason.
Removal of Unfriend Alert
The Unfriend Alert is a is a type of adware that should be removed in quick time from the system in a way that it never returns back. There are some excellent automatic removal tools available in this regard. Besides that, the manual removal process is extremely difficult, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to start the system in the safe mode to start the manual removal process of the Unfriend Alert. In this regard, restart the PC to terminate the normal mode, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. You have to press the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you access the safe mode, hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to open the task manager window, and kill the associated processes of this infection. You can find these malicious processes under the Processes tab in the task manager window. Get rid of the following suspicious processes by using the End Process button before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Unfriend Alert with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Unfriend Alert.lnk
- %Programs%\Unfriend Alert\Unfriend Alert.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the fake entries and start-up keys created in the windows registry to complete this process. Open the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. After accessing the registry editor, you have to eradicate the following supported entries of the Unfriend Alert:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unfriend Alert\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unfriend Alert
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unfriend Alert\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unfriend Alert\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unfriend Alert\DisplayName Unfriend Alert
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to check if the virus is removed successfully, and also run a complete system through your antivirus.