The Un.winupdate24.com pop-ups is a malicious application that has the traits of a dangerous browser hijacker as well as a tricky adware. It always sneaks in the windows based systems without getting the consent of the user. The winupdate24.com pop-ups is a powerful infection that can control your browsing activity regardless of which browser you are using. The hackers use a number of different mediums to spread this nasty computer worm including peer to peer sharing, hacked websites, spam email attachments, and bundled downloads. Once this virus able to enter in the system, it performs a set of harmful activities with your computer, and if not removed in time, it can cause permanent damage to your system resources. This malicious application is also known as the resource eater as it utilizes most of the resources installed on your computer which results in frequent crashes and screen freezes. You will also notice a huge decrease in the overall performance of your system.
Removal of Winupdate24.com pop-ups
Once you feel the symptoms of the winupdate24.com pop-ups on your system you need to confirm its presence before taking the removal steps. If you do not have the enough experience of removing such advanced level threats manually, you can take the help of any powerful automatic removal tool. The manual removal of this infection is also possible which consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
To start the execution of the manual removal instructions you have to start the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you need to restart the system and use the F8 key while the system is restarting to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode from the list and press the Enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode operation, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under the task manager window there is a Processes tab from where you have to remove the following malicious associated processes of this infection before closing the task manager: –
• %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files with the help of the Delete key:-
• %Desktopdir%\Winupdate24.com pop-ups.lnk
• %Programs%\Winupdate24.com pop-ups\Winupdate24.com pop-ups.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Run the “RegEdit” command from the start menu in order to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find as well as delete the following suspicious registry entries with the help of the registry editor:-
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winupdate24.com pop-ups\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winupdate24.com pop-ups
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winupdate24.com pop-ups\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winupdate24.com pop-ups \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winupdate24.com pop-ups\DisplayNameWinupdate24.com pop-ups
Make sure that the infection is removed successfully by restarting the system in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program.