Keep in mind that this is a scam, and even if you pay them, your computer will never unlock by them. Instead of that you will not only lose your hard earned money but also the information like your name, location, as well as credit card numbers also transferred to them. Once installed, the Ukash Virus completely locks your system, and damage the important system files as well as most accessed data folders. You cannot detect this lethal infection with any of your antivirus program as this has the capability of bypassing the latest versions of these antivirus programs. Once installed, you have to remove this virus quickly.
The Manual Removal of Ukash Virus
After confirming the availability of the Ukash Virus you have to find an effective method to remove this virus. There are manual as well as automatic methods available to get rid of the Ukash Virus. The manual removal method is complicated and only recommended for the advanced level computer users. The steps involved in the manual removal process are described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The manual removal method of this virus starts when you restart the system in the safe mode. Reboot the system, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the computer restarts to open the boot options menu. Select the safe mode and hit the Enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of this complicated method is the removal of the malicious processes associated with the Ukash Virus. Once you are able to see the windows task manager window, you have to click on the processes tab and delete the following suspicious processes of this ransomware from the list quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You are required to delete the following malicious files hidden in the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Metropolitan Police Ukash virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Metropolitan Police Ukash virus\Metropolitan Police Ukash virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This process will be completed when you clean the windows registry by removing the malicious additions by this viurs. This can be done by opening the start menu, select Run, and type regedit to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor accessed, you have to delete the following associated entries of this virus, and close the registry editor:-
- KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Metropolitan Police Ukash virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Metropolitan Police Ukash virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Metropolitan Police Ukash virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Metropolitan Police Ukash virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Metropolitan Police Ukash virus\DisplayName Metropolitan Police Ukash virus.