The Udmserve.net pop-up ads is a malicious application belongs from the browser hijacker family of infections. The Udmserve.net pop-up ads is designed to display commercial advertisements in order to promote some unwanted products from the unknown suppliers. This dangerous browser hijacker modifies most of the browser settings without your permission, including the home page, search provider, DNS settings, cookie settings, and desktop. You will also notice that your favorite websites become inaccessible suddenly. It is capable of tracking your browsing history by using the tracking cookies. It keeps diverting your attention by showing annoying pop-up ads continuously, and whenever you try to open a website, you will be redirected towards some unknown websites. The hackers also use this nasty virus to show bogus ads, and deceive the user in order to gain illegal financial benefits.
Removal of Udmserve.net pop-up ads
The Udmserve.net pop-up ads is one of the most dangerous browser hijackers of recent times, and should be removed as soon as you confirm its presence. There are some effective tools available to get rid of this computer worm automatically, within just a few minutes. The manual removal process is extremely difficult, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, it is necessary to access the safe mode on the infected machine to start the manual removal process. Reboot your computer to terminate the normal mode, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to open the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system is accessed in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager, by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following associated processes of this browser hijacker before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder of your local drive:-
- %Desktopdir%\Udmserve.net pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Udmserve.net pop-up ads\Udmserve.net pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to reverse each and every modification made by this virus in the registry section of your operating system. The registry editor can be accessed by Selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. As soon as the registry editor is accessed, you have to get rid of the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Udmserve.net pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Udmserve.net pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Udmserve.net pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Udmserve.net pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Udmserve.net pop-up ads\DisplayName Udmserve.net pop-up ads
Reboot the system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus.