The TuneUp Utilities 2013 is a computer infection that presents itself as a legitimate hard drive repair application, but in reality this is a fake program that is nothing more than a computer virus that can cause severe damage to your hard drive. This malicious application performs several harmful activities like hiding the data files, displaying fake alerts, modifying windows registry, and disabling the security tools. The TuneUp Utilities 2013 distributed through compromised web pages by using the loopholes in the security of your system. Once installed, this malicious application shows that you have to start the system in the safe mode, and also shows the fake safe mode background to trap the innocent computer users.
The Manual Removal of TuneUp Utilities 2013
The manual removal process of the TuneUp Utilities 2013 infection starts as soon as you discover this nasty computer virus in your PC. The problem with the manual removal process is, it is a complicated process that is not easy to understand for the novice users. There are several steps involved in the manual removal process that are described as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to terminate the normal mode of operation, you need to restart the system. Press the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu, and select the safe mode option from the list of boot options before hitting the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode of operation is accessed, you have to remove the associated processes of the TuneUp Utilities 2013 by using the windows task manager. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and chooses the Processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. You must remove the following suspicious processes associated with the TuneUp Utilities 2013 virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder and locate the associated files of the TuneUp Utilities 2013 virus. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files that you must remove by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\TuneUp Utilities 2013.lnk
- %Programs%\TuneUp Utilities 2013\TuneUp Utilities 2013.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you have to remove the malicious entries from the windows registry by using the registry editor. Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the TuneUp Utilities 2013 before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TuneUp Utilities 2013\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TuneUp Utilities 2013
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TuneUp Utilities 2013\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TuneUp Utilities 2013\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TuneUp Utilities 2013\DisplayName TuneUp Utilities 2013
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the manual removal instructions. If the virus is removed successfully, run a complete system scan on the computer.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic TuneUp Utilities 2013 removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download TuneUp Utilities 2013 Removal Tool to automatically remove TuneUp Utilities 2013 and its related files.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the TuneUp Utilities 2013,do submit your comments to get clarified.