The TSPY_BANKER.ZIP is a deadly dangerous Trojan infection that has recently discovered as a variant of famous Zeus Trojan virus. The Zeus virus is famous for its advance techniques to steal the most confidential data of the users by using cookies such as email ids, passwords, and bank account credentials. This malicious application spread through .gif image file that is often downloaded in the temporary files folder of the infected machine. This Trojan application spreads in the windows based computers through various illegal means without the consent of the user. The TSPY_BANKER.ZIP is considered one of the most dangerous infections of the recent times because of its advance level techniques. The hackers use this stubborn, and complicated virus to steal the money of the users, and other online frauds. This dangerous Trojan eats the resources of the computers, and the speed of the system decreased considerably.
The Manual Removal of TSPY_BANKER.ZIP
Once the TSPY_BANKER.ZIP Trojan infection detected in the system, you have to remove this virus as quickly as possible to reduce the level of threat. The manual removal of this virus has been possible yet complicated, and recommended for the advance users. However, the reliable automatic removal tools are available online that can remove this deadly dangerous Trojan infection easily. The instructions for manual removal method are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before going through the actual removal process of the TSPY_BANKER.ZIP, you have to terminate the normal mode of the system by selecting the safe mode from the boot options list that can be accessed with the help of F8 key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. When the task manager window is accessed you have to click on the processes tab to see the list of running processes on your computer. You have to find and delete the following malicious processes associated with this virus from the available list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of manual removal process is to delete the files along with their folders associated with the TSPY_BANKER.ZIP. Following are some of the suspicious files that are needed to be deleted quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\ TSPY_BANKER.ZIP.lnk
- %Programs%\ TSPY_BANKER.ZIP\ TSPY_BANKER.ZIP.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Once you have removed the associated data, now it is time to modify the windows registry. You have to access the registry editor to make changes in the windows registry. Click on the start button available at the bottom of your screen, and select Run option to type RegEdit command. Remove the following malicious entries once the registry editor window is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ TSPY_BANKER.ZIP\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ TSPY_BANKER.ZIP
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ TSPY_BANKER.ZIP\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ TSPY_BANKER.ZIP\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ TSPY_BANKER.ZIP\DisplayName TSPY_BANKER.ZIP
Restart the system to terminate the safe mode, and update your existing antivirus program before selecting the complete system scan to remove the infections.