The TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228 is one of the most dangerous Trojan infection of the recent times that is specifically designed to attack the crucial system files. When this deadly dangerous Trojan infection attacks to the target computer, the users are unaware about this till it settles itself well in the computer. This malicious application enters in the computers through p2p sharing, spam emails, removable storage devices, social media links, and downloading freeware. Once installed on the targeted computer, the TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228 starts performing a set of malicious activities in order to harm the system resources permanently. This application is designed by the cyber crooks in a way that it can easily bypass any antivirus program; therefore, detecting this virus through your security tools is impossible. The purpose of developing and spreading this virus is to record the online activities of the selected users, in order to steal their hard earned money. Despite infecting the system files, this also perform harmful activities on your data files.
The Manual Removal of TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228
Once it is confirmed that your computer is compromised to the TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228m you have to look for any effective removal method. There are both manual as well as automatic methods available to delete this Trojan infection. The manual removal instructions of this Trojan infection are described as below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
This virus cannot be removed completely until your PC is running in the normal mode. Restart the computer and use F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Once you are able to see the boot options, select the safe mode option and press the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and once the task manager is visible, you have to select the process tab where you can see a list of all the running processes in your system. You have to find as well as delete the following suspicious processes associated with this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once you are done with the processes, you have to remove the associated data of this threat. In this regard, you have to remove the following files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228.lnk
- %Programs%\TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228\TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process is completed when you clean the windows registry. You have to click on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to find and delete the following suspicious entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228\DisplayName TR/Virtool.DelfInject.306 & TR/Neop.A.228
Reboot the PC in the normal mode, and update your existing antivirus program before running a system scan on the computer.