The Troj/ExpJS-II is a malicious application which is categorized as a Trojan virus, and spread through porn websites, and spam email attachments. The basic objective of developing such dangerous virus is to steal the personal financial information of the users. This information may include your login, passwords, and details of your credit card which then used for the online crimes and cyber frauds. The Troj/ExpJS-II has the ability to provide remote access to your computer to the remote hackers. Once it is installed, it keeps changing its name, and location which makes hard for the users to locate and delete this dangerous Trojan. Like all other Trojan viruses, it has the ability to install on any computer without the consent of the user, and remain resident in the background. It creates corrupt files, registry entries, and processes due to which every time you start your windows, this malicious application runs automatically. Once it is detected on your computer, you have to remove this Trojan virus quickly in order to save your sensitive system files and other data.
Manual Removal Process of Troj/ExpJS-II
You can get rid of this malicious Trojan through any reliable automatic removal tool. Besides that, you can also remove this tricky Trojan manually. The manual removal process of Troj/ExpJS-II is complicated, and consists of the following steps:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you need to do is restart the computer and choose safe mode from the boot menu. In this regard you have to reboot the PC, and hit F8 key to see the boot menu before pressing the enter button.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When you are able to start your computer in safe mode, you have to move towards the next step of the manual removal process which is ending the malicious processes. In this regard, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to start the task manager window, and click on the processes tab. Here you have to find and remove the following processes.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
Once you are done with the processes, you have to delete the associated files as well as folders by using the file explorer. In this regard, following files are needed to be located and deleted:-
Delete Registry Entries
The final step of manual removal process is clean the windows registry. You have to open the registry editor which can be accessed through the start menu, select run, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is started, you have to navigate towards following corrupt registry entries and delete them one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Troj/ExpJS-II\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Troj/ExpJS-II\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Troj/ExpJS-II\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Troj/ExpJS-II\DisplayName Troj/ExpJS-II
When you are done, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal method.