The Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G is a malicious virus categorized as a Trojan horse. It sneaks in the windows based computers without the consent of the user. Often you face the slowdowns, crashes, and freezes after your computer is being compromised to this malicious Trojan horse. This is because most of the resources have been occupied by the Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G. The purpose of spreading such a dangerous virus is to steal the confidential information of the users including the credit card details, bank account details, emails, passwords, and browsing habits. This malicious application has the ability to connect your system to a remote server operated by the notorious hackers that want to steal your money. Besides that, the Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G is equally capable of making your system vulnerable to other similar threats by changing your security settings and disabling your antivirus program. Once installed, it will run annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your system which makes it almost impossible for you to perform daily tasks on your computer.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G
Once you confirmed that the system is being affected by the Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G, you have to get rid of this virus as soon as possible to minimize the level of damage. You can take help from any automatic removal tool through which you can delete this virus easily. The manual removal method is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Reboot the computer, and press F8 key to access the boot menu options where you have to choose the safe mode option to restart the system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
The next step of manual removal process is to kill the malicious processes that are associated with this virus. You have to open the windows task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab in the task manager window and kill the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and navigate towards the system files folder to find the following files that are associated with the Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G. Delete these files with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the Start menu, select “Run”, and type Regedit in the box to open the registry editor. Find as well as delete the following corrupt entries from the windows registry :-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Zipparch.G
Once done with these malicious entries, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to complete the manual removal process.