The Trojan:Win32/Valden is a malicious application that is categorized as a browser hijacker. Once entered in the system, this Trojan infection can run a number of annoying pop-up ads on the screen. Besides that, the speed of browsing becomes extremely slow in the infected system. Most of the searches redirected towards phishing websites where you are asked to purchase certain type of unwanted products. When you try to search anything, it brings search results that are not related to your search. The Trojan:Win32/Valden can disable your antivirus program easily; therefore, it is not easy to detect such a lethal virus. When you try to access or download any genuine security related website, this malicious application stops you from doing that. You will also notice some new desktop icons that show your internet settings are modified. This dangerous parasite makes your computer extremely slow.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:Win32/Valden
Once you are sure that the system is infected by the Trojan:Win32/Valden, you have to find a way to get rid of this deadly dangerous parasite. You can do it manually as well as automatically. The manual removal of this virus is difficult but possible, and consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all you have to reboot your infected system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. You can do this simply by restarting it, and use F8 key to reach the boot options screen where you have to select the safe mode before hitting the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once you have successfully booted the system in the safe mode, you have to find and delete the malicious processes associated with this threat. In this regard, you need to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab where you can see a list of running processes. You have to remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
To delete the malicious files attached with this dangerous parasite you have to open the file explorer, and delete the following files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan:Win32/Valden .lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan:Win32/Valden \Trojan:Win32/Valden .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry you have to access the registry editor. The registry editor can be started by accessing the Run option available in the start menu and type “RegEdit”. Once the registry editor accessed, you have to remove the following associated entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Valden \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Valden \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Valden \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Valden \DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Valden
Now you have to restart the computer in the normal mode to analyze the success of manual removal process. If the virus is removed successfully, run a complete system scan with the help of updated version of any reliable antivirus program. .