The TrojanWin32Urelas.W is a malicious infection that is classified as a Trojan virus, and discovered recently through some popular antivirus programs. Once it sneaks into the system, the TrojanWin32Urelas.W modify the windows registry, download corrupt files, and alter some crucial system files. This lethal Trojan spreads through junk mail attachments, sharing of resources with other computers on the same network, and corrupt removable devices. After settling down in the system, the TrojanWin32Urelas.W installs the unwanted browser extensions that put extra load on the system, and resultantly, the speed of the system decreased manifold. This malicious application allows the notorious hackers to access the system remotely, and steal your confidential financial details. Once these details are transferred to these cyber crooks, they use such precious information to steal your hard earned money through cyber crimes and online frauds. The TrojanWin32Urelas.W utilize most of the system resources, and you will experience the crashes, and freezes too often.
The Manual Removal of TrojanWin32Urelas.W
Keep in mind that the TrojanWin32Urelas.W infection is a real danger for the security of your system, and you have to get rid of this virus as soon as possible. You can delete this Trojan virus either using an automatic removal tool or by using the manual removal method. The manual removal method is lengthy as well as complicated, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the system in the safe mode so that you can start removing the virus manually. Restart the system in order to terminate the normal mode, and hit the F8 key to see the list of different boot options. Select the safe mode option, and press the Enter key which gives you the safe mode access to your system.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this complicated process is the removal of the associated processes from the task manager. To start the windows task manager, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the “Processes” tab in the task manager window. Here you can see the list of processes running in the background of your system, and you have to remove the following associated processes of this malicious Trojan infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following files from the system files folder quickly with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Last but not least, reverse the modifications made by this Trojan infection in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the start menu, click on the Run option and write “regedit.exe” in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries associated with the TrojanWin32Urelas.W:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanWin32Urelas.W\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanWin32Urelas.W\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanWin32Urelas.W\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanWin32Urelas.W\DisplayName TrojanWin32Urelas.W
Close the registry editor and run a complete system scan through any powerful antivirus tool before after starting the system in the normal mode.