The Trojan:Win32/Urausy.D is a malicious application that is categorized as the Trojan virus. This malicious Trojan exploits the vulnerabilities in the security of the system. The main objective of this Trojan application is to steal the financial information about the user. This financial information can be in the form of credit card numbers, bank account details, shopping passwords and browsing habits. This malicious application has the ability to change your browser settings including the home page, and default search engines once installed. Besides that, it also has the ability to redirect you towards certain promotional websites whenever you try to search anything. This dangerous Trojan has the ability to bypass your antivirus program, by changing your security settings. The online criminals and hackers use this malicious application for various purposes, and you need to get rid of this dangerous Trojan as soon as it is detected on your computer.
Manual Removal Method of Trojan:Win32/Urausy.D
After you come to know that your computer is compromised to the Trojan:Win32/Urausy.D, you need to remove it either by using an automatic removal tool, or by following the complicated steps of manual removal process. The success of manual removal process is not guaranteed, and depends on the experience of the user. The novice user may avoid the manual method as it consists of the following complicated steps:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
Restart the infected machine and use the F8 key to start the boot menu where you can see various boot options. You have to select the safe mode option from that list, and hit the enter key to restart the PC in safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once the infected machine is restarted in the safe mode, you have to start the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab. You have to select the following process and click on the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After deleting the associated process running in the background, you have to remove the associated files of this malicious virus. The challenge is to identify as well as locate the files that are related to the Trojan:Win32/Urausy.D and delete them quickly:-
Delete Registry Entries
The manual removal process only completes when you are able to clean the windows registry successfully. The windows registry can be cleaned by starting the registry editor for which you have to click on the start menu, select the “Run” option, and type “Regedit” in the box. When the registry editor is started, you have to find the malicious entries created by this dangerous Trojan. You have to find and remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Urausy.D\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Urausy.D\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Urausy.D\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Urausy.D\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Urausy.D
Once done, close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan.