The Trojan:Win32/Trafog is a dangerous Trojan infection that attacks the windows based platforms, and performs a number of harmful activities. Once installed, the Trojan:Win32/Trafog virus limit your access towards the security tools, and security related websites to avoid the detection or removal through any security tool. You will feel that the behavior of your PC is changed, and browser crashes too much without any reason. This malicious application is capable of damaging the boot sector of your hard drive, and can make your PC completely useless. Besides that, the Trojan:Win32/Trafog infection also opens the backdoor to invite the additional threats inside the infected computer by changing the windows firewall, and disabling the antivirus program. The hackers use this virus as a tool to access the sensitive details of the targeted users and use these personal details to make money through illegal ways.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:Win32/Trafog
The manual removal of the Trojan:Win32/Trafog is possible, yet a very complicated process that is only recommended for the advanced level users, and computer professionals. The success of the manual removal process largely depends on the expertise of the user. However, we recommend the automatic removal method for the novice users. The manual removal instructions are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the system in the safe mode instead of normal mode to start the manual removal process. Restart the PC, and access the boot options list with the help of the F8 key. Once you can see the list of boot options, you have to select the safe mode option from the available list before pressing the Enter key to reboot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to remove the malicious processes associated with this virus. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and select the process tab to remove the following associated processes of the Trojan:Win32/Trafog infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next thing you need to do is, open the file explorer, and remove the following associated files of the Trojan:Win32/Trafog virus by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select the Run option, and type RegEdit in the box. Once you are able to see the registry editor on the screen, you have to delete the following malicious modifications made by this Trojan infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Trafog\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Trafog\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Trafog\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Trafog\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Trafog
Reboot the system in the normal mode to evaluate the success of the manual removal process, and run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus program so that you can remove the infections caused by the Trojan:Win32/Trafog virus.