The Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W is a malicious application classified as a Trojan infection that always enter in the system without getting the permission from the user. Once installed, it can replicate itself on the several locations, and always hide wisely along with the other important system files. There are various channels used by the hackers to distribute this Trojan, including the file sharing networks, spam emails, free downloads, and compromised web pages. Whenever you go online, your private information remains at high risk as notorious hackers can access your system remotely any time. While performing your daily tasks, you will notice that the performance of your computer is slow, and often you are unable to open some important system utilities. The cyber criminals use this Trojan to keep an eye on your online activities, and then use such information for their own benefits.
Removal of Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W
Once it becomes obvious that the system is compromised to the Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W, you have to find an effective way to get rid of this Trojan virus. You can remove this malicious Trojan with the help of any reliable automatic tool that are easy to use, and gives you fast results. Besides that, you can also remove this infection manually, but this method is only recommended for the professional computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The first thing you need to do is, boot the infected machine in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the computer is restarted to see the list of boot options on the screen. Once the boot options list is accessed, select the Safe Mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Another important step is removal of the associated processes of this infection. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window. End the following processes associated with the Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following associated files of the Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit to access the registry editor. You have to get rid of the following associated entries of the Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Tobfy.W
Close the registry editor, restart the computer in the normal mode to check the success of the manual removal process, and run a complete system scan through your current antivirus application.