The Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.M is a malicious application belongs from the famous Trojan viruses. This dangerous Trojan parasite is specifically designed to record your browsing activity, and other confidential data. Once installed, this malicious application runs annoying pop-up ads every time you open your browser. Besides that, you will also receive fake alerts on the screen of the computer which is not only disturbing, but also damage your computer permanently. The Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.M is capable of installing key loggers that can store your keyboard strokes to access the personal data you often enters while registering yourself on any website. Besides that, this malicious Trojan has the ability to degrade the performance of the infected machine negatively. This virus not only makes your system unstable, but also kills the speed of the system by eating up most of the resources installed on your computer. Some of the important files including the antivirus program cannot be accessed once this virus installed on your computer. If you failed to remove this virus quickly, you will face the serious consequences.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.M
Once it is confirmed that the Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.M attacked your computer, you have to find how to remove this infection as quickly as possible. There are both manual as well as automatic methods available to remove this virus. The automatic removal method is easy for the basic level users, and you can remove the virus within just a few clicks of the mouse; whereas, the manual removal of this virus is not an easy job, and only recommended for the professional computer users.
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the system and use F8 key to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode and press “Enter” to start your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
When the system starts the running in the safe mode, you can remove the corrupt processes related to this infection. To access the windows task manager you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab, and delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the file explorer and navigate to the system files folder to find as well as delete the following malicious files associated with the Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.M.
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to clean the windows egistry with the help of the registry editor. Click on the start menu, select “run”, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the enter in order to start the windows registry editor. Once the registry editor accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries associated with this malicious application:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.BC\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.BC\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.BC\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.BC\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.BC
After removing these corrupt entries successfully, you have to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode. Do not forget to update the existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan.