The Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A is a dangerous computer virus that is classified as a Trojan infection, and uses the interface of a legitimate computer application to sneak in the computers. One of the most obvious symptoms of this lethal Trojan infection is, it starts eating most of the resources installed on the system, which results in degradation of the performance of the infected system. You cannot start most of the applications on your system because it takes too long to load the program. You will also notice more frequent system crashes without any reasons. Besides that, the screen freeze also becomes an everyday issue in your PC. After modifying the windows registry, the Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A blocks some of the crucial system utilities such as windows task manager. It also disables your antivirus program so that you cannot detect or remove this nasty Trojan. The basic purpose of developing such a lethal weapon is to access the personal financial data of the targeted users, and make money through illegal ways. Besides all of the above mentioned things, the Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A also alter the home page, default search provider, and the desktop of your computer without your consent.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A
As soon as you realized that the Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A virus attacked your computer, drop everything, and remove this virus effectively so that it will never return to your system. Besides reliable automatic tools, you can also use the manual removal method to get rid of this nasty browser hijacker The instructions for the manual removal of this infection are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
This advanced level computer threat cannot be removed by remaining in the normal mode. Restart the infected system, and open the boot options menu by pressing the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Once you can see the different boot options on the screen, select the safe mode before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to open the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab to see the list of processes. Delete the following suspicious processes before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and remove the following files that from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Once you have completed the above mentioned steps successfully, delete the modifications made by this infection in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to select the start menu, and execute the Regedit command through Run option. Delete the following corrupt entries associated with the Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Saiterec.A
Do not forget to run a complete system scan through your current antivirus software after restarting the machine in the normal mode.