The Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V is a lethal Trojan infection that spreads like a DLL file, and always attacks the windows based computers without notifying the users. This malicious application always download itself as a DLL file that keep sending you pop-up alerts that DLL file is missing and your computer is at high risk. This Trojan infection actually used by the cyber crooks to force you to purchase a rogue application that present itself as a legitimate antivirus program. The objective of developing and distributing this nasty Trojan virus is to extract the hard earned money of the targeted users through frauds, and fake alerts. Even if you buy the so called licensed version of this rogue application, your PC will never get normal, instead of that you will loose your money along with the financial details that you provide to these criminals at the time of purchasing the application.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V
After confirming the presence of the Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V, you need to clean your PC at your earliest in order to minimize the loss. This malicious application can be removed either by using any automatic removal tool or manually. The novice users can select the automatic method which is ideal for them, but the professional level users can try the manual removal method according to the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
These types of nasty infections can only be removed manually when your PC runs in the safe mode. Restart the system to terminate the normal mode, and access the boot options screen by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting. Select the Safe Mode option from the list of options before pressing the Enter key so that the PC can be started in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode successfully, you have to delete the associated processes of this lethal Trojan infection. Access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the process tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Following associated processes of the Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V are required to be removed quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to delete the following associated files of the Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V virus from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual process will be completed when you remove the malicious entries created by this Trojan infection in the windows registry. Open the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to open the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of the Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Reveton.V
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the above mentioned instructions and scan your system through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program.