The Trojan:Win32/Matsnu.D is another dangerous application belongs from the Trojan family of virus. This tricky Trojan infects the windows based systems when the users try to download an unsafe file or program. Once installed on the system, this virus has the ability to change all the system settings, and redirect all your searches towards promotional websites by changing the browsing preferences in your browser. Besides that, it also disables your antivirus software to make your computer vulnerable for other additional viruses. The Trojan:Win32/Matsnu.D is capable of modifying the windows registry by adding some corrupt startup entries.
The Instructions for Removal of Trojan:Win32/Matsnu.D
Once the system is compromised to this malicious application, you have to remove this virus quickly from your computer. You can remove the Trojan:Win32/Matsnu.D either by following the complicated commands of manual removal method, or by using any powerful automatic removal tool. The chances for the success of manual removal method depend on the knowledge of the user about removing such viruses, and the process consists of the following steps:-
Select the Safe Mode
The first step of removing this threat manually is starting of your machine in the safe mode. You have to terminate the normal mode by just restarting the computer. Use the F8 key to access the boot options menu, where you can see a number of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list to start your PC in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
You have to delete the associated processes of the Trojan:Win32/Matsnu.D after starting the system in the safe mode. To do this, you have to open the task manager window by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is accessed, you have to click on the processes tab where you can see a number of running process. You need to get rid of the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
When you are done with the removal of the associated processes successfully, you have to remove the files related to this threat. Following are some of the files that are needed to be deleted:-
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
In order to clean the windows registry from the malicious entries, you have to access the registry editor, because the changes in the windows registry can be carried only by using the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by going in the Start menu, select Run, and type “RegEdit” Command in the box. You have to find the following corrupt entries and delete them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Matsnu.D\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Matsnu.D\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Matsnu.D\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Matsnu.D\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Matsnu.D
After the removal process of above mentioned entries completed, you have to restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor. Update your antivirus program, and run a complete system scan on your system to delete the infections created by this malicious application.