Once entered in any system, the Trojan:Win32/Estiwir.A has the ability to multiply in a huge number that can be very difficult to detect or remove with the help of a normal antivirus program. This malicious application changes your system settings regularly. Besides that, you will also see that your home page as well as the default browser changes. This parasite can redirect all your searches towards certain unknown websites where you are forced to purchase some fake products or services. The online hackers use this malicious application to track the online activities of the user, and then use this information to steal their money.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:Win32/Estiwir.A
Once entered in any system, the user need to remove this virus without any delay in order to minimize the level of damage. The Trojan:Win32/Estiwir.A can be removed either by using the manual removal method or by selecting any reliable automatic removal tool. The instructions for the manual removal process are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before starting with removing this parasite manually, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. Just restart your computer and use the F8 key to access the options regarding booting. Once the list of options is visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option and hit the enter key to boot the infected computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Getting rid of the malicious processes created by this virus is the next step of this process. In this regard, open the task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and select the process tab to see the list of all the running processes in your system. You have to find as well as delete the following malicious process from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After removing the associated process, you have to open the file explorer, and delete following associated files from the system files folder
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to clean the windows registry by removing the malicious entries from there. Click on the start menu, select run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to look for the following malicious entries from the windows registry and delete them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Estiwir.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Estiwir.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Estiwir.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Estiwir.A\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Estiwir.A
Close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode. Update your existing anti virus program to run a system scan on the PC.