The Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.G is a dangerous parasite that is categorized as a Trojan virus. Once installed, this malicious application makes your system extremely slow. Mostly this dangerous parasite is used by the hackers to control any specific program secretly on the infected computer, or on a network. Like all other Trojan infections, the Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.G is also aimed to steal your confidential information to use it for the fraudulent purposes. Once you become victim of this virus, your antivirus program stop working, and the computer becomes vulnerable for other threats. The hackers also use this virus as a tool to connect your PC to the remote server, and change most of the settings on your system. Besides that, the Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.G also capable of running the annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your computer.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.G
Once this malicious Trojan application infected your system, you have to delete this virus at your earliest to minimize the damage. There are several powerful and reliable tools available that can remove this threat automatically, but if you like to do it manually, there are methods available in this regard. The manual removal methods are complicated, and not recommended to the novice users. Following are the detailed instructions for manual removal of this virus:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
First of all, you have to reboot the system in the safe mode by restarting the computer, and select the safe mode option from the boot menu which you can access by using the F8 key while the system is restarting.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and make a click on the processes tab. Under this tab you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system from which you need to remove the following processes associated with this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and navigate to the system files folder to delete the following malicious files associated with this Trojan infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Reverse the modification made in the windows registry by this malicious application, which can be done with the help of the registry editor. Open the start menu, select the “Run” option, type “RegEdit” in the box before pressing “OK “ to open the registry editor. You have to find and delete the following malicious entries created by this Trojan:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.G\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.G HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.G\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS] [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.G\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.G\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.G
Once the above mentioned corrupt entries are removed successfully, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal method.