The Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H is a dangerous virus categorized as the Trojan horse, and designed to cause complications in the windows operating system. This dangerous virus often entered into the computers when the user tries to visit the unsafe websites, open spam email attachments, or accept online offers from unknown publishers. Once installed on the system, the Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H start using the holes or the vulnerability of the system and creates a backdoor for the additional malware. As soon as this Trojan installed on your computer it will connect the system to a remote server that start recording your online activities. The purpose of this action is to steal your precious personal information and use it for the online frauds and cyber crimes. This dangerous Trojan is also capable of running pop-up ads on the screen of the infected machine.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H
Once you have found that your system is infected by the Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H, you need to remove this threat as quickly as possible. You can delete this virus either by using any reliable automatic removal tool or manual method. The instructions for manual removal of Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H are as under:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Before start deleting the processes and files you have to start the computer in the safe mode. The safe mode can be accessed by restarting the system and hitting F8 key to see the boot options. From the list of options you have to select the Safe Mode, and press the enter key.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
When the infected system starts working in the safe mode, you can proceed to the windows task manager in order to kill the associated processes of this malicious virus. To start the task manager you have to press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed you have to click the processes tab, and delete the following processes from the list of running processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
The files of this malicious application hidden in the system files folder which you have to delete. In this regard following are the associated files of this threat that are required to be removed:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H Virus\Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you have to delete the corrupt entries created in the windows registry by this threat to complete the manual removal process. You have to open the registry editor by using the RegEdit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed you have to find and delete the following associated entries of the Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H Virus\DisplayName Trojan:Win32/Claretore.H Virus
Once done with all of the above mentioned steps close the registry editor, and start the system in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have just made.