The TrojanSpy:Win64/Ursnif.AF is a malicious application categorized as the Trojan virus. Once installed on any computer, it copies its files in different folders in a way that if you delete it from one place, it will be able to launch it from another place. The TrojanSpy:Win64/Ursnif.AF has the ability to change your system file settings, along with browser settings, and corrupt your sensitive system file as well as the registry entries. The basic objective of this dangerous threat is to steal your personal information, and use it for the cyber crimes and online financial frauds. After installing itself, this dangerous Trojan application has the ability to change its name as well as location. These types of threats are designed wisely to trap people and get their details along with their money so that it can be used for the fraudulent purpose. The TrojanSpy:Win64/Ursnif.AF has the ability to change the security settings of the infected computer including disabling the current antivirus program which makes it hard for the user to detect this dangerous Trojan application. Once detected, you have to remove it quickly.
How to Remove TrojanSpy:Win64/Ursnif.AF Manually?
After detecting this malicious application on your PC, you need to get rid of this at your earliest. You can remove this Trojan application either by using the automatic removal tool, or manually by following the complicated instructions. The steps of the manual removal method are described below in detail:-
Reboot the Computer in The Safe Mode
If your computer is running in the normal mode, you have to terminate the normal mode and start safe mode operation. By default computer will always start in the normal mode, and to change this, you have to start the boot option for which you have to use F8 key while the computer is in restarting process. When you are able to see the boot options, you have to choose safe mode which is at the top of the list.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once the infected computer rebooted in the safe mode, you have to end the malicious processes associated with this threat and running in the background. You have to start the task manager window by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and made a click on the processes tab. Once you are able to see the list of processes, you have to find and delete the following processes from the list.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
You have to find as well as delete the following associated files through a file explorer option in order to clean your computer from this malicious application:-
Delete Registry Entries
You have to clean the windows registry in order to complete the manual removal process of this dangerous Trojan application. In this regard, you have to use the run option available in the start menu to start the registry editor, and delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Win64/Ursnif.AF\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Win64/Ursnif.AF\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Win64/Ursnif.AF\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Win64/Ursnif.AF\DisplayName TrojanSpy:Win64/Ursnif.AF