The TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B is a hazardous program that can be extremely lethal, and can cause multi level damage to your system resources. This malicious application is developed by the black hat hackers in order to steal your personal details such as credit card numbers, online banking details, emails, passwords, and browsing history. This dangerous Trojan always distributed through the pirated software download, peer to peer networks, spam emails, and unsafe browsing. Once this malicious application able to slip in the system, it can make your computer completely useless. You cannot access many of the important programs, utilities, and files because of the presence of this Trojan infection. It creates fake startup keys in the windows registry due to which, this virus starts automatically whenever you starts the computer. It will disable your firewall, and can easily bypass all your security arrangements to avoid detection. It often takes benefit of loopholes available in the system security, and once enters in the system, it overhauls, most of the default settings in your PC without your permission.
Removal of TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B
After realizing the presence of the TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B in your computer, you have to remove this infection either automatically, or manually. The automatic tools in this regard are easy to use, and gives you quick results. On the other hand, the manual removal process is also available that is too difficult for the novice users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is mandatory to boot the system in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the system, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. As soon as see the boot options list, select the Safe Mode, and press the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the task manager after operating the system in the safe mode operation. Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab. Get rid of the following processes associated with the TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B, and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you have completed the above mentioned steps, you have to remove the following suspicious files associated with the TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the last step of this process, you have to exterminate the following corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by executing the “regedit” command through Run option on the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B\DisplayName TrojanSpy:Win32/Hormelex.B
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to evaluate the success of this process, and if the virus is removed successfully, run a complete system scan.