The TrojanSpy:Java/Minesteal.A is a dangerous parasite which comes in the category of Trojan horse viruses.This is an aggressive type of Trojan horse that damages the infected computers quickly as well as permanently. After getting installed on any windows based PC, it has the ability to hide itself deep along with the sensitive system files so that it becomes hard for the users to remove it. The TrojanSpy:Java/Minesteal.A has the ability to bring additional viruses in the infected system by changing the security settings and windows firewall. This malicious application is used to transfer the personal financial information of the users to the hackers who use it for making money through illegal ways. This dangerous Trojan virus can redirect all your search efforts towards the sites that are used to promote certain products. This is basically for the purpose of traffic generation, and making commissions from the sales of these products.
How to Remove TrojanSpy:Java/Minesteal.A manually?
You can remove TrojanSpy:Java/Minesteal.A both ways, automatically as well as manually. People prefer the automatic removal method to get rid of this parasite because it is easy and comfortable way of removing this; however, you can remove this stubborn virus manually too by using the following instructions:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
The first thing which you have to do is, terminate the normal mode of your computer by restarting it, and through the boot options menu, you have to start the infected computer in the safe mode. The boot options can be seen by using the F8 keys repeatedly while the computer is restarting, and once you are able to see the options about boot, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter key.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once the computer starts in the safe mode, you can now proceed to end the processes that are attached to the TrojanSpy: Java/Minesteal. A. You have to start the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and once the task manager window started on your screen, you have to make a click on the processes tab. Following are the processes that are needed to be ended:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step is removal of associated files and folders of this threat. You have to find and delete the following files:-
Clean the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to delete the registry entries created by this dangerous application. You have to start the registry editor by opening the start menu, and select “Run” option, and write the “RegEdit” command. After opening the registry editor, you have to navigate towards following registry entries, and delete them immediately:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Java/Minesteal.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Java/Minesteal.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Java/Minesteal.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanSpy:Java/Minesteal.A\DisplayName TrojanSpy:Java/Minesteal.A
Before restarting the computer in the normal mode, you have to close the registry editor, and update the existing antivirus program, to run a scan on your machine.