The Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe is a malicious Trojan horse that enters in the windows based computers secretly, and perform a number of harmful activities. It has the ability to make your system vulnerable to other similar threats by changing the settings of your system. Mostly this malicious Trojan horse infects the computers when the user tries to open a spam email attachment or visit the compromised web pages. If there is any antivirus installed on your system, you can easily detect this virus by running a complete system scan on your PC. Like all other tricky Trojan horse viruses, the Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe is capable of making your system absolutely useless by damaging it completely. Once your system infected with this virus, you cannot access your system anymore.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe
Once you have found that the system is compromised to the Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe, your goal is to get rid of this dangerous Trojan application. There are two methods of removing this virus, once is with the help of any automatic removal tool, and another is by following the manual removal instructions. The manual method of getting rid of the Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe is complicated, and you have to follow the below mentioned instructions:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
At first, you have to start operating your system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode. You have to simply restart the computer, and hit F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter key.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to find and delete the malicious processes associated with the Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe. In this regard, you have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open the windows task manager. In the windows task manager you have to click on the processes tab, and delete the following associated processes of this virus by selecting, and hitting the End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the suspicious files along with folders to remove the Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe completely from your system. In this regard, you have to use file explorer and find as well as delete the following files:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you also need to clean the windows registry to delete the malicious Trojan horse completely. Open the registry editor by executing the RegEdit common through Run option available in the start menu. You have to find the following corrupt registry entries and remove them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe\DisplayName Trojan:MSIL/Remdobe
After removing the above mentioned entries you have to close the registry editor, and restart the system in the safe mode to check how effectively you have followed the instructions. Also run the complete system scan to remove the infections.