The Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F is a newly distributed computer infection that belongs from the Trojan family of worms, and developed with the clear purpose to destroy the windows based computers. This malicious Trojan can infect all the versions of windows operating system, including the Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Millennium, and Windows NT. This nasty Trojan mostly distributed through the email attachments, and freeware download. Once installed, it replicates itself extremely quickly, and creates the corrupt entries in the windows registry which ultimately generates the system errors. Besides that, it disables your antivirus, task manager, registry editor, hijacks your home page, modify the search provider, and invite other rogue applications into your computer. The hackers use this virus to record the browsing history of the targeted user, and show the relevant pop-up ads on the screen to achieve the desired results. It also steals your personal financial details such as online banking details, credit card numbers, and email account information.
Removal of Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F
After knowing that the system is compromised to the Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F, you need to get rid of this Trojan infection without wasting a single minute. In this regard, you can use the automatic tools that are easy as well as convenient. The manual removal process is also available that is extremely complicated, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Once you boot the system in the safe mode, you can start the actual removal process of this lethal Trojan infection. Restart the infected computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options while the system is restarted. Choose the safe mode option before pressing the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next thing you have to do is, remove the associated processes of the Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F. Access the task manager by holding the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window. Get rid of the following malicious processes associated with the Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F Ads by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process cannot be completed unless you do not remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option in the Start Menu. Remove of the following corrupt entries associated with the Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F\DisplayName Trojan:MSIL/Moloterae.F
You are required to access the system in normal mode by restarting the computer to evaluate the result of your efforts. Do not forget to run a system scan from the main interface of your antivirus application.