The Trojan:JS/Urntone.Jis a malicious application which is actually a potentially unwanted program, and classified as an adware infection. This nasty adware can affect your PC badly by running malicious codes, and interrupt the normal operations. The Trojan:JS/Urntone.J attacks the system through peer to peer sharing of files, removable storage devices, and compromised web pages. The main objective of notorious cyber criminals behind developing this lethal adware is to extract the money of the innocent users. Many of the reliable antivirus programs can detect this threat, and alert the user, but you cannot remove this malicious application through any antivirus tool. Once this nasty adware enters in the system, the screen of your PC is flooded with misleading pop-up ads regarding the health of your computer which shows that the system is at high risk. Another side effect of this virus is, the speed as well as performance of the system affected badly as some important system files are removed by this infection.
Removal of Trojan:JS/Urntone.J
Once the Trojan:JS/Urntone.J adware program invades the system secretly, you have to delete this virus as soon as possible. You can remove this infection by using the automatic removal method. Apart from that, the manual removal method is also available which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the manual removal process, you need to boot the infected PC in the safe mode so that you can execute the manual removal instructions. Restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu while the system is restarted. Press the Enter key once you can see the boot options menu on the screen to open the safe mode operation on your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removing the associated processes of the Trojan:JS/Urntone.J. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window. Remove the following associated processes of this nasty adware infection before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once the processes issue is resolved, you have to remove the following associated files of the Trojan:JS/Urntone.J from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to get rid of the corrupt associated entries of this virus from the windows registry. Select the Start Menu, click on the Run option, and write Regedit in the box before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following suspicious entries, before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Urntone.J\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Urntone.J\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Urntone.J\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Urntone.J\DisplayName Trojan:JS/Urntone.J
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to restart the system in the normal mode to check the success of the manual removal process. If the virus is removed successfully, you have to run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus program.