The Trojan:JS/Reksner.A dangerous virus which presents itself as a legitimate system application for windows based computers. In reality it is just a malicious application which corrupts millions of computers all over the world. Once installed, it runs a fake scan on the infected computer, and show fake results about errors available on your system. It also shows that there are some corrupt registry entries are installed on your computer. Actually this is a trap designed to steal money and financial information of the users. The idea is to encourage you to purchase the licensed version of this software to remove the errors. Once you purchase the paid version, you actually pay them for nothing, and give them your credit card number, your all confidential personal information along with your emails. Once detected on your computer you have to remove the Trojan: JS/Reksner. A completely at your earliest.
Manual Removal Method of Trojan:JS/Reksn0065r.A
After you come to know that your computer is compromised to the Trojan:JS/Reksner.A, you need to remove it either by using an automatic removal tool, or by manual removal process. The success of manual method is not guaranteed, as it depends on the expertise as well as experience of the user. The novice user may avoid the manual method as it consists of the following complicated steps, and if anything goes wrong, it can cause permanent damage to your computer:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
Before start deleting the files, and removing the registry entries, you have to terminate the normal mode of your computer and restart it in the safe mode by hitting the F8 key while it is restarting, and select safe mode from the boot option menu.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When the computer is ready to work in the safe mode, you have to kill the associated processes of this malicious application. You have to find as well as delete the following processes by using the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Removing the associated files is equally important in the manual removal process as any other step. You have to use the file explorer to find the following malicious files, and remove them permanently by using the delete key:-
Delete Registry Entries
The final step of this complicated method to get rid of the Trojan:JS/Reksner.A is to clean the registry from the corrupt entries created by this malicious Trojan application. The windows registry can be cleaned by removing the associated entries, and in this regard you have to start the registry editor. The registry editor can be started by executing the regedit command through run option available in the start menu. Following are the entries that you need to remove from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Reksner.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Reksner.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Reksner.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Reksner.A\DisplayName Trojan:JS/Reksner.A
Close down the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see the performance of your computer after recent changes you have made.