The Trojan:JS/Redirector.KL is a malicious application that belongs from the Trojan family of the viruses. This dangerous Trojan application sneaks in the windows based computers secretly, and it performs a number of harmful activities in the system after getting it installed. This malicious application spreads through visiting compromised web pages, downloading freeware, sharing resources with other computers on the same network, p2p sharing, and spam email attachments. Once enter into the computer, it spreads quickly, and one of the first things it performs is, modify the windows registry and create a startup key there to start automatically every time the user opens its computer. It also disables the antivirus program and other security tools in your computer due to which you cannot detect this malicious Trojan infection easily. This infection has the ability to create the backdoor for the additional parasites by changing the system settings. Once installed, the Trojan:JS/Redirector.KL makes your system extremely slow and the overall performance of the infected machine also affected badly.
The Manual Removal of Trojan:JS/Redirector.KL
Once the Trojan:JS/Redirector.KL infection is detected on your windows based computers, the immediate removal of this virus is required to protect your resources as well as data. The manual removal of this virus is available but only recommended if you have experience to remove such viruses in the past. The steps involved in the manual removal process are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all, you have to restart the infected system and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the option list. Once the boot options appear on your screen, you have to select the safe mode option and press “Enter” key to start your computer in the safe mode instead of the normal mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to remove the malicious processes that are associated with this infection. In this regard, open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the “Processes” tab. Once you are able to see the list of processes, you have to find and delete the following suspicious processes from that list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Locate and delete the following suspicious files from your computer. Often these files are hidden in the system files folder along with the crucial system files.
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this manual removal process is clean the windows registry by removing the additional malicious entries created by the Trojan:JS/Redirector.KL. Open the registry editor with the help of regedit command that can be run through the start menu, and delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Redirector.KL\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Redirector.KL\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Redirector.KL\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/Redirector.KL\DisplayName Trojan:JS/Redirector.KL
Once the entries are removed, you have to close the registry editor. Run a complete system scan on your computer after updating the antivirus program already installed on your computer.