The TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M has been a recently discovered computer virus that is categorized as a Trojan, and designed specifically to attack the windows based computers. Once installed, this Trojan virus gives complete control of your PC to the remote hackers who then use this access to steal the personal details. It is revealed that the TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M distributed through p2p sharing, visiting compromised web pages, removable devices, and spam emails. This is a serious threat to the privacy of your data as it is capable of accessing all your data without your permission. This lethal Trojan changes the windows firewall, and disable your security tools to open the door for the additional threats. A large percentage of the system resources are consumed by this malicious application due to which your system becomes super slow in responding. Most of the system files become corrupt if you failed to remove this infection within time. Some of the hackers also use this virus to generate traffic on their affiliate sites and earn money through pay per click programs. This is also considered as illegal, and unethical way of making money. There are a number of variants of this Trojan infection are available with different functions.
The Manual Removal of TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M
After knowing the presence of the TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M inside the system, you have to confirm it before proceeding with the removal process. Once it is confirmed, you have to remove this virus not only quickly, but completely also. The manual removal method to remove this nasty Trojan infection is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot get rid of the TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M virus unless you do not access the safe mode operation on your system. Restart the infected system, and open the boot options menu by pressing the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Once you can see the different boot options on the screen, select the safe mode before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to start the system in the safe mode successfully, you have to open the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab to see the list of processes. Get rid of the following suspicious processes associated with the TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and remove the following files that from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You must delete the modifications made by this Trojan virus in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to select the start menu, and execute the Regedit command through Run option. Delete the following corrupt entries associated with the TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M\DisplayName TrojanDropper:Win32/Rotbrow.M
Close the registry editor, and reboot the machine in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the instructions.