The TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B is a malicious application categorized as a Trojan infection that sneaks in the computers without getting the consent of the user, and perform several harmful actions. After entering in the windows based PCs, the TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B performs a series of harmful activities and disturbs the routine working of the user. First of all, it overhauls the system settings completely in order to remain resident for a longer period of time. This malicious application attacks the computer through file sharing networks, removable external devices, junk mail attachments, and compromised websites. Once entered in the PC, this malicious application can harm your system files, alter the windows registry, disable the antivirus, modify the windows firewall, and deny your access to important system utilities. The hackers use this Trojan to access your confidential details, and steal your money by using such details. Besides that, it also makes your system super slow.
Removal of TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B
After knowing that the system is affected by the TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B virus, you have to decide what method you are choosing to get rid of this nasty Trojan. You can remove this virus with the help of any reliable automatic tool which is easy to use. Besides that, the manual removal is also available which is a bit hard and only recommended for the experienced users. The instructions for manual removal of this virus are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the infected machine in the safe mode before starting the manual removal of this virus. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot option while the system is restarted. After accessing the boot options, select the safe mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of the manual removal is getting rid of the malicious processes. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab to remove the following corrupt processes associated with this Trojan infection by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and start the system files folder to remove the following malicious files associated with the TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of the manual removal process is getting rid of the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by clicking the Start menu, select Run option, and type “RegEdit” in the box. You have to delete the following entries associated with the TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B\DisplayName TrojanDropper:Win32/Hesperbot.B
Close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal efforts. Update the existing antivirus before running a full system scan.