The TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK is a dangerous Trojan infection that damages your saystem severly once it invades the computer. This malicious application provides remote access of your system to the cyber crooks who use this access to perform illegal and unethical activities. Once the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK installed on your system, you start receiving the fake pop-up alerts regarding the security of your system. It also performs the fake scans, and shows that there are several errors available in the system. When you try to fix these errors, you will be asked to purchase the paid version of this fake program. This malicious application changes the browser settings, and also creates fake entries in the windows registry. The overall performance as well as speed also affected badly because most of the system resources are consumed by this Trojan infection.
The Manual Removal of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK
Once you realized that the system is attacked by theTrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK you have to take this virus seriously. You can remove this virus manually as well as automatically. The manual method consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before proceeding in the manual removal method you have to open the system in the safe mode. Restart the system from the start menu, and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options while the system is restarted. Choose the Safe Mode option once the list has appeared on the screen before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to end the corrupt processes associated with the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK virus with the help of windows task manager. You need to access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background of your computer. Find and remove the following associated processes of this nasty Trojan infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step of the manual removal process you need to get rid of the associated files along with the folders. Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder to remove the following associated files of this infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to remove the corrupt entries created in the registry section of the windows operating system. In this regard, you have to click on the start menu, select Run, and type regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Once you are able to see the registry editor, remove the following associated entries of the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK as soon as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK\DisplayName TrojanDownloader:Win32/Waledac.AK
Close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see whether the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus.