The TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G is one of the most dangerous Trojan virus of recent times that can damage your system in many different ways, and can make it completely useless if not removed within the time. This Trojan infection introduces himself as a helpful tool, but in reality these are parasites that are specifically developed to harm your system resources as well as confidential data stored on the hard drive. Once this Trojan infection enters into your system, the privacy of the data as well as the security of the system becomes at high risk. Your administrative controls are disabled by this malicious application due to which you are unable to stop the corrupt processes running in this virus. It can easily bypass your antivirus program, and immediately after entering into the system it creates the fake startup keys in the windows registry. Besides that, the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G modify the basic internet settings to take complete control of your online activity.
The Manual Removal of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G
When you realize the presence of the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G inside the system, you have to do nothing but find an effective way to delete this virus effectively as well as efficiently. You have manual as well as automatic removal options to perform this job. The automatic removal is easy, and ideal method for the basic level computer users; whereas, the manual removal method is a bit complicated and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Click on the start menu, and select the restart to terminate the normal mode. Keep hitting the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu while the system is restarted, and select the Safe Mode option once the boot options are visible on the screen before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode operation, you need to delete the associated processes of the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G with the help of windows task manager. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the task manager, and click on the Processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of running processes, and remove the following associated processes of the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder to find as well as remove the following files associated with the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Last but not least, remove the corrupt entries created by the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G infection in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the start menu, select Run option, and type regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries associated with this malicious Trojan infection before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G\DisplayName TrojanDownloader:Win32/Upatre.G
Restart the system in the normal mode to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process, and run a system scan through the updated version of your current antivirus program.