The TrojanDownloader:Win32/Navattle.A is a dangerous Trojan infection that enters in the computers secretly, and as soon as it settled down, it installs additional parasites to the infected computer. This virus spreads through compromised web pages, spam emails, and downloading freeware from the unknown publishers. This malicious application is always bundled with the additional parasites like malware, spyware, keyloggers, and Trojan infections. This dangerous Trojan infection has the ability to bypass your antivirus program; therefore, you are neither able to detect it nor can remove it with the help of the antivirus tool. This Trojan infection is a severe threat to your computer as it can cause irrecoverable damage to your system. The hackers use this infection to access the information of the targeted users. This information may include the credit card details, social security number, and bank account credentials. If you think this information is only used in stealing the money, then you are wrong, because there are other frauds and cyber crimes in which this data can be used by the criminals. Besides causing permanent damage to the data as well as resources, this malicious application also makes your computer extremely slow.
The Manual Removal of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Navattle.A
Once the availability of the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Navattle is confirmed in the system, the issue becomes how to remove this virus. The manual removal of this virus has been possible yet very complicated process; therefore, it is only recommended for the experienced computer users. However, the new or basic level users can use any automatic removal too to get rid of this virus. The steps involved in the manual removal method are detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The first step of this process is reboot the computer in the safe mode. While the computer is restarted, use the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode and press the enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode instead of the normal mode, you have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to access the windows task manager and select the processes tab where you can see the list of running processes. You have to find as well as delete the following malicious processes associated with this virus by selecting the process one by one and using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Find and delete the following files from the system files folder related to the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Navattle:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process is completed when the windows registry is cleaned from the infections. Access the registry editor by clicking on the Start menu, select Run, and type Regedit. Remove the following suspicious entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Navattle.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Navattle.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Navattle.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Navattle.A\DisplayName TrojanDownloader:Win32/Navattle.A
Restart the computer in the normal mode and run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus program.