The TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK is a malicious Trojan virus that infects windows based computers all over the world. It installs itself in the system secretly without the knowledge of the owner. Once installed on any computer, the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK immediately creates the startup key in the windows registry which makes it able to start automatically every time you starts your windows. This dangerous Trojan infection has the ability to steal all your sensitive financial information which includes the credit card details and browsing history. This information then transferred to the online hackers through remote servers, who used it for the fraudulent purposes. Once installed, this malicious application can make the speed of your browsing extremely slow.
The Instructions for Removal of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK
After knowing that the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK is installed on your system, your need to get rid of this virus immediately. You can delete this malware either by using the automatic tool, or manually. The manual removal method consists of the following steps:-
Select the Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process you need to terminate the normal mode of the computer and reboot it in the safe mode. The normal mode can be terminated by just restarting the system. You have to use the F8 key to access the boot options, and select the safe mode option from the list to start your PC in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
When you are done with the safe mode step, the next issue is removal of associated processes of the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK. You have to open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once you are able to see the task manager window on the screen of your computer, you have to select the processes tab. Here you can see a list of processes running in the background, from which you have to delete following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
The next step of this complicated process is to delete the files related to this threat. You have to find and delete the following files by using the file explorer along with the Delete key:-
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
Last but not least, you have to remove the registry entries created by the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK in the windows registry. Any changes or modifications in the windows registry can be done with the help of registry editor which can be accessed by running the “RegEdit” Command in the command prompt. After opening the registry editor, you have to navigate to the following entries, and delete them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK\DisplayName TrojanDownloader:Win32/Delf.GK
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to restart the system in the normal mode to see the success of manual removal process. Update your existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan on your system to delete the infections created by this malicious Trojan.