The TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Demibot.A is a malicious application that infects the computers all over the world by using the security vulnerabilities in the windows operating system. The purpose of developing this dangerous Trojan is to provide remote access of the infected computer to the hackers. These hackers then steal the personal information of the user along with the browsing history as well as the shopping preferences to use it for cyber crimes, and online frauds. The TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Demibot.A has the ability to utilize most of the computer resources in the infected machine due to which the speed of the computer slows down, and you are unable to perform your routine tasks. This malicious application has the ability to change crucial settings of the infected PC including the DNS settings, and security tools. Once detected, you need to remove this dangerous Trojan quickly from your computer.
Manual Removal Method of TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Demibot.A
The complicated process of manual removal of the TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Demibot.A consists of several steps. If you are a basic level computer user, we recommend you to select any reliable automatic removal tool instead of adventuring the complicated instructions of the manual removal method. However, the computer professionals, and advance users can try these instructions to remove this dangerous Trojan virus manually. Following are the instructions that you need to follow as they are described here:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you have to do to remove the TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Demibot.A manually is, restart the infected system in the safe mode. In this regard you have to click on the start menu, choose restart, and hit F8 key while the computer is restarting. When you are able to see the boot options, you have to select the safe mode option and hit enter.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When the said system restarted in the safe mode, you have to start the windows task manager. The task manager can be started by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and when the task manager window is started, you have to click on the processes tab, and end the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
When you are done with the processes, you have to find and remove the following associated files of this malicious application:-
Delete Registry Entries
After deleting processes and the files, you have to remove the corrupt registry entries created by this dangerous Trojan application. You have to click on the start menu, select the run, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. You have to find as well as delete the following corrupt registry entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Demibot.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Demibot.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Demibot.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Demibot.A\DisplayName TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Demibot.A
Terminate the safe mode, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of changes, and run a complete system scan to check the infections caused by this malicious application.