The TrojanDownloader is a dangerous infection categorized as a Trojan virus. As the name says this type of Trojan virus is used to download the additional malware, spyware, adware, browser hijacker, and other parasites. Once installed, the TrojanDownloader immediately changes the security settings of your computer, disable the antivirus installed, and open backdoor for other parasites. This is the basic function of this malicious application, but besides that the hackers use this dangerous parasite for a number of other purposes. Some people use this virus to download additional adware that they use to promote the affiliate products and make commissions. Some webmasters use this virus to generate traffic to their websites by illegal and unethical ways. Once installed, the TrojanDownloader occupy most of the resources installed on your computer and you will face slowdown in the speed, regular crashes, and freezes. This dangerous Trojan infection can cause permanent damage to your system as well as data if left un-removed.
The Manual Removal of TrojanDownloader
Once you have confirmed the presence of the TrojanDownloader in your system, you have to remove this Trojan infection quickly. There are different automatic removal tools available online through which you can get rid of this tricky Trojan application easily and comfortably. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available; however, the manual removal is only recommended for the advance level computer users as it involves various complicated steps. Following steps involve in the manual removal of this virus:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The first step of this manual removal method is to restart the system in the safe mode. Reboot the infected computer and press F8 key to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option, and press the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of this process is ending the associated process of this virus. You have to Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to open the windows task manager and make a click on the processes tab. You have to delete the following malicious processes from the list.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to remove the associated files of this virus. In this regard, following are the few files that you need to delete from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You also need to remove the malicious entries created by this virus in the windows registry. Open the registry editor, and remove the following entries one by one. After removing all of these entries close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrojanDownloader\DisplayName TrojanDownloader
Restart the system, in the normal mode, and check the effectiveness of changes you have just made. Update your antivirus program and run a complete system scan to remove the infections from your system caused by this dangerous Trojan infection.