The Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2 is a nasty computer worm classified as a dangerous Trojan virus that is specifically developed to infect the computers using windows operating system. The Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2 infection is designed by some smart hackers to extract the money from the pockets of the innocent users. Once installed, it opens the backdoor for the additional parasites by modifying the security settings. After accessing the system, the Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2 infection gain the full control of your computer to steal the personal financial details such as credit card numbers, etc. Once installed, it corrupts all the exe and dlkl files due to which you cannot access any of the applications installed on your system. Apart from above mentioned symptoms, it also display tons of the annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computer. The performance of the system as well as speed also degrades continuously as long as this virus remain in the system.
Removal of Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2
After confirming the presence of this lethal Trojan infection, you have to remove it immediately to minimize the effect on the system resources. You can take help from any reliable automatic removal tool to get rid of this nasty Trojan. The manual removal of the Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2 is also possible by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot execute the manual removal instructions in the normal mode; therefore, you are required to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options screen. Once you can see the boot options, select the safe mode from the list before hitting the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you need to get rid of the associated processes of the Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2 infection. Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab where you can see a list of processes from which you have to remove the following associated processes of this nasty Trojan virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After done with the associated processes of this threat, you have to remove the following associated files of this virus from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final and most important step is removal of the corrupt entries created by this Trojan virus in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run, and type RegEdit in the box. Once you are able to see the registry editor, delete the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2\DisplayName Trojan.Zeroaccess!inf2
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes, and do not forget to run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus software.