The Trojan.Zbot is a dangerous Trojan virus that is specifically designed to attack the windows based computers. Once installed, this malicious application opens the backdoor for additional viruses by making your security tools vulnerable. This stubborn Trojan hides itself in a way that the latest antivirus software is unable to detect this threat. The Trojan.Zbot can run annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your computer, and you are unable to search or open any website as all your efforts are redirected towards unknown websites. The notorious hackers use this application to steal the email credentials, credit card details, bank account information, and online shopping history of the users. This dangerous Trojan virus uses most of the memory in your computer due to which your browsing becomes slow, and you are unable to open any website at all.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Zbot
After getting it installed on any computer, this virus remains resident in that system, and as a user, you need to get rid of this malicious application immediately without wasting any kind of time, either by using any reliable automatic tool or manually. The manual removal of this virus is not an easy task; therefore, it is only recommended for the advanced level computer user. The manual removal method is detailed below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Restart the system, use F8 key to see the boot options, and select safe mode to terminate the normal mode, and restart your system in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the processes tab. Under this tab you can see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. You need to get rid of the following processes associated with this threat:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once done with all of the above mentioned tasks, you have to open the system files folder, and find the following files that are associated with the Trojan.Zbot. You have to remove these files and folders quickly with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Programs%\Trojan.Zbot \Trojan.Zbot.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, select Run, type RegEdit, and press Ok to start the registry editor where you can delete or modify the registry entries. You have to find and delete the following associated entries of this malicious application one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Zbot \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Trojan.Zbot
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Zbot \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS] [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Zbot \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Zbot \DisplayName Trojan.Zbot
After completing the removal of the above mentioned entries, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update the current antivirus software, and run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by the Trojan.Zbot.